I saw this post over at Bridget’s Books and thought it was such a good idea that I would also make some Reading Resolutions and then re-visit them at the end of the year.
1) I read 64 books in 2012 so I am setting a target of 70 for 2013.
2) I am going to read at least one book per month from my 50 Books to Read Before You Die list. I did make a decent dent in this list towards the end of last year by taking part in the Harry Potter Read Along but I want to continue with the progress on this.
3) I will read at least 30 eBooks this year. My eReader has been sadly neglected lately as I have borrowed books from my Dad and I’ve now been given quite a few books for Christmas but I need to use it more often or there isn’t much point having it.
4) I will not buy new books when I still have other books to read. The only exception to this resolution will be at occasions like my birthday when I can use birthday money to buy books even if I have some left to read.
5) Finish my J Edgar Hoover book that has been going since June! It is an enormous book so I tend to restrict it to reading at home as it is too big for me to take it to work to read at lunch. Sometimes though I get so engrossed in whatever other book I happen to be reading at the time that I don’t stick to my plan of reading Hoover in the evenings before bed so he does occasionally get neglected. I am quite close to the end now though so I would like to finally finish it.
I may add to these resolutions if I think of anything else but for the moment these are my reading resolutions for the year. Hopefully I’ll be able to stick to them all.